Friday, October 26, 2007

Bunny and Billy Karnes

Bunny Karnes died 2 days ago. She was the mother of my friend Matt and one of the sweetest women you could ever meet. She was probably about 80 and died of (I guess) natural causes. Her husband Billy died probably about a year or so ago.

We used to go out to the ranch where they lived outside of Visalia for some holidays. Sometimes it was just me and sometimes with Christa. We were there for Easter and 4th of July. They were the most Godly couple one could ever meet.

A quick story which illustrates everything about them. When Christa and I were still dating, we were there for a weekend. Christa (who was still living in So Cal at the time) brought a homemade apple pie. Billy took one bite of it and said, Jeff, you need to marry this girl right now. I'll do the ceremony." At that point Bunny ( I still don't know her given name) popped up and said, "I'll get the minister's book!) No, we' didn't get married then. But this shows what a sweet, loving and enjoyable couple they were. They were probably married about 60 years or so and didn't know what to do without the other. This probably explained why Bunny went within a year or so of Billy.

I will miss them

No comments: