Thursday, September 25, 2008

At my mom's

Every six weeks or so I need to go see customers in both Gilroy and Santa Cruz. A bit too long for a day trip so I usually spend the night at my mom's in San Mateo to make the drive shorter.

Last night I cooked up some asparagus and then did veal cutlets also. Martinis and a good bottle of wine.

I think my mom really appreciates my coming over like that. It's a good time for us to hang out apart from any kids. and just talk. If and when we move for a pastoral position I want to be axble to come back here at least every other month...and myabe bring one of the kids...for a weekend visit. If we do move I also need to encourage my brother to come up and visit more often. I think the last time he came up was last Christmas. He needs to do this more often.

No comments: