Wednesday, September 12, 2007

next stage men's group

In two weeks, I am starting my next men's small group, but this one will be markedly different from the last one. This will not be a year-long group because I cannot guarantee at all that I will be here in a year. Actually, I hope that I am not.

This will be a one-quarter long group (probably stretching into January a bit) that will look at the Abraham stories in Genesis 12-25. Bob Gustafson will be co-leading the group with me and I am grateful for the help in splitting up the leadership. This is also not an 'invite-only' group as my other groups have been but rather it is open to all men, though there are still a couple whom I am encouraging to join.

The signups for the group have been interesting so far and it promises to be a wildly divergent group. At one end, I have a young man named Dimitri, who is 18 years old and English is his second language, though he speaks very well. Then there is A man named Steve who is very well-versed in Scripture and ministry and has grown children. Everyone else seems to run in between these two. We have one more week of signups and then I will have the final numbers. So far, there are 7 men and I am hoping for 1-2 more

No comments: