Sunday, September 30, 2007

Something I just didn't need

I lost my job on Friday. Laid off with my department at the bnak shutting down...or at least changing radically. Since I was on the marketing end of things, I was the first to go. My boss will be taking early retirement next spring also. 11 years in the same place and no warning whatsoever, besides the fact that things were slow the last few months.

No really to worry, though. I got a pretty good severance package. Also, they still want me at the bnak and we are trying to find another position that I might be able to slide into. I've also got a red-hot lead with Well Fargo already. So I'm not too worried. I've got my resume already together and probably 4-5 places that I will send it tomorrow.

What do I do with this spiritually, though? I have no idea. When this gets factored in with my dad's illness and my call to full-time pastoral ministry, where do I go with this? My issue is how to interpret this from a spiritual point of view. And I have no answers right now. I was talked to Brigette, our church office manager about this today and she said that I tell and teach people how to interpret things like this everyday. She is right...that's part of my job. But it is easier when it is someone else. When it is me, I need to look a bit deeper than I normally do.

No comments: