Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Update on my father

My father's illness is terminal...as we suspected. We held out some hope because, although the tumor is inoperable, the word terinal had no been used. Worse still is the fact that the prognosis is only short term. If he does not undergo any chemo treatment, he's got 1-2 months. If does undergo chemo, maybe up to a year. But we don't know how he will handle the chemo since he is 84. No decision has been made about whether to pursue a treatment option or not.

I need to talk to my father about God. For all intents and purposes, he is an atheist, or at best, an agnostic. BUt it is times like this that serve to turn people either towards God or away from God. My prayer is that this will turn him towards God in the time he has left. And it needs to start with me. The first step is today, just simply telling him that I and many others are pryaing for him. just from that, I'll begin to have an idea of where his heart is regarding divine things.

No comments: