Thursday, September 27, 2007

A postcard!! Silly me

Whenever my friend Matt goes on vacation, he sends me a postcard...maybe even one for everyday he and his family go away.When they went on vacation last year, he sent postcard the first day. I thought that was nice. Then another one came the second day. And on the third.

So when Matt found out I was gone a few days to the Russian River, his first comment was on the lack of postcards appearing daily in his mailbox. Well Matt, I did think of you. We were only about 25 from Fort Ross. Forst Ross is an old military installation used by the Russians in the 19th century (I think). For Matt's church, it holds a certain significance, being that his is an Eastern Orthodox church. I think the church makes a trip up there once a year to commemorate something. Beyond that, I can't be specific. But Matt can. And probably will be.

No comments: