Monday, February 11, 2008

Ministry at any (almost) cost

Christa's small group meets at our house on Sunday nights. Usually I'm just upstairs with the kids. Regan goes down just abut the time the group starts. Caleb, maybe a half hour later. So I was going to have some 'me' time last night, reading, that sort of thing.

There's a woman who signed up for the group. New to Bay Hills and a single mom with a 3-yr old. I had said that I would watch her son with Caleb if she came to the group. She didn't show the first 2 weeks so I think the group maybe gave up on her a bit. She came last night ith her son.

So much for my 'me' time. But that's a good thing. I was able to minister in a way that I'm normally not able to...by babysitting. This woman would not be able to come to this small group (or maybe any other) unless someone could watch her son during the time. I guess this is just an extension of my role as small groups pastor. Her son and Caleb had a good time together. This next summer, Caleb and I are going to go on an overnight backpacking trip. Caleb asked tis other boy (having met him only an hour before) if he wanted to camping with us.

Caleb is good at ministering as well

No comments: