Monday, May 19, 2008

God is silent

Today is May 20. I have been seeking God through prayer and fasting for almost 3 weeks now in terms of what our family should do, where we should go and what to do about ministry.

For the most part I feel as if I have been praying to a brick wall. God is not there. For some reason He has been silent so far, not responding to my prayer. There have maybe been small bits and pieces, such as a friend mentioning that when God speaks I better listen. Matt's encouraging email and another friend mentioning Proverbs 3:5-6, which says, "Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Good, sound Biblical advice.

But none of this is resonating with me so far. My prayer and seeking after God bounces off the ceiling and comes back down to me.

Where are you Lord? I need to hear from you! Speak to me and give me guidance so I may know which way to go.

No comments: