Thursday, May 1, 2008

Seeking God

In the aftermath of Wisconsin, Christa and I are doing a little reevaluating of where we are and what we are doing. I've got a great new job at Westamerica Bank, but are we still going into full-time ministry and if so when?

We are going to take until the end of May to really seek God on this and look for a sign or answer from Him. I don't really consider that I am questioning my call as much as I am trying to clarify it. There is precedent in Scripture. Luke tells the story of when John the Baptist was in prison. He was asking if Christ really was the one or whether to look for another. He had been preaching Christ but now needed some clarification and reassurance.

What kind of sign are we looking for from God? I don't know. I remember when He called me into ministry that the call was clar and distinct. There was no mistaking it. Now I go to Him again, asking for a sign that we are on the right path. What will He send? I have no expectations other than wanting to hear from God. To this end, I am making the choice to fast every Monday and Friday in May until dinner as a way of seeking The Lord's Face in this

2 comments:

Matt said...

What was St. Paul called to?

jeff miller said...

Minnesota