Monday, May 26, 2008

A good holiday with the family

Originally we were going to go to Stinson Beach today for Memorial Day but the weather was not going to be cooperative so we bagged that idea and went to Fairfield and Vacaville instead.

Vacaville was pretty much for Christa with all of the outlets. I pretty much just walked and strolled the kids around as she went from store to store. Lunch was at Arby's and I was very disappointed. I got a Turkey Bacon Club sandwich which was advertised as toasted but came out hot as it had been in the microwave instead.

We then went to Scandia in Fairfield to play miniature golf. Caleb's first time and I had to keep teachign him how to hold the club but he did all right for his first time. My handicap was having Regan on my back in a backpack. Probably cost me about 5 shots.

I then wanted to go to the batting cages. Hadn't been in maybe a year and a half. But my swing was still there and I was hitting some pretty good line drives. The best part of this was Caleb on the other side of the fence watching me and saying the whole time, "Daddy, get the big hits!!" That was special.

Then home for Chicken Piccata for dinner along with roasted asparagus with goat cheese and bacon.

No comments: