Monday, June 16, 2008

The chiropractor blues

I need tyo go to the doctor to figure outvwhat is going on with my finger and ulnar nerve. Christa talked me into going to her chiropractor in Hercules. SHe's gone to him off and on for the last few years. She set me up with a 5 pm appointment.

I showed up at 5. He gave me some forms to fill out as a first time patient. Then he promptly forgot about me. For 50 minutes. It was crowded in there.maybe half a dozen other people in various stages of treatment. Some came in after me and he put them on whatever electrical stimulation machines or whatever. Nothing for me. No "I'll be with you in a minute' or anything.

So after 50 minutes, when he had been with someone for about 20 minutes or so, I just up and left. I don't have time to put up with this

1 comment:

Matt said...

Advice follows:

Please, do not go to a chiropractor before seeing an M.D.. If you have DDD in the c-4/c-5 a chiropractor will only make it worse. The adjustment (and they always do an adjustment.) can mask the symptoms without doing anything to fix what is causing the symptom. (ask me how I know.) Get a diagnosis from a M.D. before you see a chiropractor. Then if you don't have DDD (which is not unusual in men our age) see a chiropractor.