Saturday, June 14, 2008

My dear friend is gone

My close friend Zach Gleason died on Thursday. His body was found at the body of El Capitan in Yosemite on Thursday afternoon. It is presumed that he jumped.

Zach was extremely depressed over a relationship vwhich had gone sour and he blamed himself for the end of the relationship. for Zach, this was the perfect woman. In retrospect, he is the one who made mistakes in the relationship (no, he didn't cheat on her...other mistakes) He was scheduled to leave for OCS in the Navy to be a civil engineer starting today. He really didn't want to go into the military but he felt it was his only option.

That's all I have to say rtight now. I found out about this 12 hours ago. Later this week I will write a tribute to Zach.

2 comments:

John Vincent said...

I knew Zach, he was in a Battlezone class at Valley Christian Center, that I help lead. We had been praying for him for several weeks and we missed him on the 8th. We had planned on praying for him one more time before he shipped out. The loss of his life saddens me. I pray that GOD is holding and comforting him, and that his family can be at ease with the loss of their loved one. While we may never know what caused him to take his own life I want Zack to know that he IS loved and he will be missed!

Matt said...

Assuming that he took his own life is not fair to Zach. If he did not know he committed suicide we should not ascribe such an evil act to a friend.