Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day activities

I love working for a bank because I get Columbus Day (European Invader's Day for those of you in Berkeley) and Veteran's Day (again, American Aggression Day in Berkeley).

Regan and I went hiking this orning up at Wilcat Canyon in the Berkeley Hills. I can still fit her in the baby backpack, she loves it in there and I have no proberlm carrying it either. I'm used to carrying 50 lbs at 7ooo feet in altitude. Here it's only 30 lbs but this backpack squirms and pulls my hair.

On our hike we saw cows, which Regan loved. There was a fenced-off section which you could still hike through and there were about 10 cows grazing. We walked down the trail and through the cows. After we went bck down the trail later, Regan started back up the hill by herself saying 'cow, cow'.

Christa keeps telling me that she needs to get out more and tis would be a perfect place for her to go with Regan in the morning while Caleb is in school. It's about 20 minutes away from our house and a lot of the trail is paved or very easy dirt. Regan could easily go in the stroller. Christa would like this area. You can even hike all the way through to the Tilden Park Nature Area, but it's over 4 miles one way. I may do that one day.

No comments: