Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Standing ar the river's edge

In Joshua 3 ,Israel is standing at the vedge of the Jordan River at flood stage wondering how God was going to get them across.

THe same thing is true in my search for a full-time pastoral position. I know God has called me to it. I have followed Hm faithfully. He has b rought me to the river's edge and we are ready to cross over into this life that God has called us to. But we are still on this side of the river. How will we get across?

It is up to the work of God. Only He can lead across. I can send out as many resumes as I want to, do as many interviews as possible...but only God can make it happen. Our faith is in Him, that He will provide the church for us, whether it will be in Illinois, Wyoming, Wisconsin, Idaho or Mammoth Lakes.

1 comment:

macbosnia said...

It's really a mystery how God works sometimes, but his timing is perfect. I had the same experience with Wheaton. I knew I was supposed to go there, but I applied and was rejected twice before I was accepted the third time (Santa Cruz transcripts didn't help any). From the time I first applied (sometime in late '93 or early '94) to the time I started school there (fall of '95), it was over a year, maybe closer to 2 years. He used that time to prepare me - and to create the right circumstances in a lot of ways. Looking back on it, it was a real test of faith for me. Was I willing to step out and be obedient (to what I knew he was calling me to) regardless of the rejection involved and how unlikely acceptance seemed at the time? Looking back on it now it's a real milestone in my walk with Him.