Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas songs that I can't stand

KOIT has begun playing all Christmas music all the time. Which is pleasant at times. But there are 3 songs in their music rotation which I absolutely cannot tolerate. Even a bar or measure from these songs is enough to make my head spin. Here they are:

Paul McCartney doing "Wonderful Christmas Time". Just an insipid piece of flotsam. Lyricallyand musically it sounds like it was made by a 10 year old with his first keyboard.

WHAM doing "Last Christmas". First of all, this song has virtually nothing to do with Christmas. It's about a couple breaking up and they happen to do it over Christmas. WHAM should never be played on the radio in any way shape or form.

Jose Feliciano doing "Feliz Navidad". Just downright irritating. He keeps saying that he wants to wish us a Merry Christmas but he never actually does it.

4 comments:

Matt said...

s thing about Wham is that he is singing about another man.

Matt said...

I meant "gross thing" not "s thing"

macbosnia said...

Hey, I like WHAM! Or should say liked...guess I never outgrew it.

Matt said...

Wake me up before you go go