Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mammoth Lakes update

Mammoth Christian Fellowship in Mammoth Lakes isn't going to work out. They send me an email telling me I wasn't their guy. They wanted someone with more Senior Pastor experience (they knew I had none going in) and they also wanted someone with extensive youth ministry experience (this never was mentioned at all before this).

So. Now what? We've been at this for 18 months now. I've gotern really close on some things but nothing has panned out. I'm tired of this search. Christa is even more than I. So I think that our pastoral search may come to a halt in the near future and we'll buy a bigger ouse around here and I'll stay at the bank.

There's still a couple of resumes out there (Cole Community Church in Boise, Parkview EV Free in Iowa and Central Peninsula in Foster City) but I'm really discouraged right now and all my optimism is leaking away.

How do you end something that you have worked towards for the last 10 years??

3 comments:

Matt said...

Why don't you start your own church?

Someone has to start them.

Matt said...

Have you talked to Hannaman about a position at PBCC?

Matt said...

Hey, there is a special program in my church for protest pastors who want to be Orthodox priests. Call bishop Joseph in L.A. His number is 323-934-3131