Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Lots of preaching going on

I'm in the middle of preaching 5 out of 7 weeks at a couple of different churches in the area. The one I'm at the most right now is Glen Ellen Community Church. I'm in the midst of a 4 week series (2 now and 2 in July) on the lives of the 12 Apostles. Who were these guys? How were they able to do what they did? As I've progessed in this study, I've realized that the common feature amongst all of them is that they were perfectly ordinary. Nothing remarkable in any of them.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be including some of my sermon notes here. Some of the apostles we know pretty well, like Peter. But what about the more obscure ones, like Simon the Zealot and James the son of Alphaeus? Should prove interesting.

1 comment:

Bix said...

Hey Jeff,
Nice new blog for your thoughts. I guess that education you received allows for you to be ''gettin' all Hebrew.''
I'm looking forward to 'reading you'. Thanks for letting me know that your thoughts are 'out there' on the Net. Of course, those of us who know you best always knew you were a bit 'out there' already anyway!!