Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Showing Hesed

So how to show hesed to this business associate of mine? It's a difficult situation with no easy answers. He is very anti-religious and even apart from that we really don't get along on a personal level. We both do not think the other one is very good at their job. He is tightly controlled, very detailed in his approach to things and generally insists that every 'T' be crossed and "I" dotted. He sometimes has a hard time doing anything that is even vaguely outside of established guidelines. I, on the other hand, tend to work more (both at the bank and at the church) spontaneously and try to see the bigger picture. I don't always want to get bogged down in details.

Bottom line...I need to pray for Jerry (hard thing to do for someone you don't really like). That's the first good step towards showing some hesed.

2 comments:

macbosnia said...

Good for you, Jeff! Thanks for sending me your new blog info.

Matt said...

In the movie Cars hessed could not be received by Chick. But it was received by "The King". I think there is a lesson there.