Saturday, December 29, 2007

Another good blog to read

For those who read the odd blog here and there, I want to call your attention to another one. It's at rub-a-dub.blogspot.com.

My friend Matt writes it and it is largely spiritual mixed with home doings and the odd orgasmic response to good food. He writes from an Eastern Orthodox perspective, which I find highly interesting and highly parochial. Yet EAstern Orthodox theology and practice challenges me and helps me to keep asking the question of how to effectively worship God and minister to those He has given me. I may find Matt controversial at times (at least in terms of Protesant theology) but never boring.

So Matt (yes, this is for you). Iv'e got 2 pop music cds you need to check out, both by Bruce Springsteen. The first is with The Seeger Sessions Band and is a collection of old Pete Seeger songs (as opposed to all his new material). It's Dixieland folk music. The second one is the new Springsteen cd called "Magic". Just listen and enjoy.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I've listened to the Seeger collection. It was a worthwhile experience. I'll listen to Magic when I get a chance. But you know, I'm nut a big Bruce fan. I remember back in the mid 80's when there was Bruce mania going on. I just didn't get it. But I did like the seeger sessions, so I will check out magic.