Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Job update

Right now I've got three things working as far as a job goes...one with a bank and two with churches.

The one with a bank is with The Mechanics Bank. It's a Sales Manager position on the corporate banking side. I'm the only internal candidate that they are interviewing, although they are looking at a couple of external candidates. I've got a good feeling about this, not only because I'm the only internal candidate but the fact that years of service with the bank and the fact that I marketed auto dealers is a big plus for me.

The first church job is in Walla Walla. This seems like a good fit as far as ministry description, theological outlook and ministry style. I've had a couple of interviews with them and am waiting to hear back about whether we will be making a trip to Washington to candidate for the position.

The other church is closer, in Chowchilla. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go out there and candidate after New Year's. I've been as much as told that. I could almost commute there...not every day, though...until we sell the house. Beautiful church, growing community and reasonable home prices.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I've been to the Starbucks in Chowchilla.