Wednesday, December 19, 2007

College group

At Bay Hills, we are beginning to have a college ministry. A man I know at church named Alex has been halping out to get this thing going and he just told me today that he is not going to be able to do it. He is also involved with our high school ministry and told me that high school is where his true heart for ministry is and he can't do both. So it looks like I might be taking that over, at least on an interim basis. Whenever we hire a new youth pastor, this will be his ministry. But even if we were to hire someone today, it would be 3-4 months before he would be able to dig into the college ministry. First he will have to get the high school and jr high ministries running full steam ahead.

Right now there are 5 people in this college group. 2 guys named Joseph and Nikita, a girl named Amanda and 2 other girls whose names I don't know. Alex and I will be getting together Friday morning to talk about this ministry. Right now there is a strong emphasis on relational ministry, which I want to keep. Teaching needs to be important also but I think we will just tell stories...probably Abraham stories, since that is where my heart has been for the last year and a half or so

No comments: