Saturday, January 5, 2008

Calvinism

My friend Matt has devoted part of his blog to Calvinism, so I'm going to do a couple of posts on Calvin (the theologian, not the comic strip character)

Several years ago, Matt and I were in Idaho visiting our friend Bryan. We were all invited to a dinner party at a friend's house. Since there was the offer of free food, we went. In this house, there was a candy bowl wiht mixed mints, etc. But on top was some type of chocolate mint. I saw it and I thought maybe I would grab it later.

After dinner, Matt and I are talking by the candy bowl when he picks up the chocllate mint and begins to unwrap it. I say to him, "I saw that and I was going to take it for later."

Matt pops the chocolate mint in his mouth and says, "You still don't get this predenstination thing, do you??"

This was one of the funniest things I had ever heard and I consider it to be a benchmark in my lifelong friendship with Matt.

No comments: