Sunday, January 20, 2008

The One Constant

I'm realizing that my family and I are still in transition, even though I have landed a job. It has become clear to me, even after just a couple of weeks that this job is not much more than a 'port in the storm' rather than a long-term solution. So I'm still putting job feelers out there to see what is available. Plus the church positions that I am looking at. Plus some possible changes in my ministry description at Bay Hills. Plus the fact tht the ARM on our home will end in August and we will have to figure out what to do then.

But there is a constang that never changes, and that constant is God. Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow."

I take comfort in this, knowing that our transitions and seemingly lack of permanence right now are covered by the steadfastness of God. Things, people and situations may change for us, but God does not. His love, care, grace and mercy and constant and never-changing

2 comments:

Matt said...

Are you using a head hunter?

Matt said...

Are you interested in being a mortgage broker? I know a guy who has a growing firm. Let me know and I'll introduce you.