Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Waiting for prayer life to take off

For the three months that I was out of a job, my prayer life was pretty limited. Most of my prayer focused on God as Provider and asking that He would provide me with a job. At times, it was tough to push beyond that in prayer. I was stuck on job and financial issues.

My friend Bob Gustafson referred me to Abraham Maslow's theory of the levels of hierarch (or something like that). I vaguely remember Maslow from college. But it could be tough to push beyond to one level if you are stuck at a previous one. That's where I was

Now I am expecting my prayer life to bust open. I've been spending the last few days really thanking od, not only for providing for us, but also for keeping my faith alive and well during this time of testing.

No comments: