Thursday, July 3, 2008

Moving to Brentwood part 2

I've been able to connect with Steve With. He's the pastor a church in Brentwood called THe Orchard and he's very interested in us moving out there and being able to dig in and help with ministry. We already know some of the people at The Orchard-Christa's best friend and Caleb's best friend.

Working at Westamerica Bank won't be an issue if we are out there becuase of the nature of what I do. My office is in Fairfield but I'm only there one afternoon a week. Other than that I'm seeing car dealers throughout the Bay Area. It will be a little more of a commute but it is worth the sacrifice for a bigger house. The kids each really need their own bedroom and we need some type of office for my ministry stuff and Christa's flower works. Right now our office is in our dining room. We';ve totally outgrown this place.

2 comments:

Matt said...

That sounds good. You can deduct the office spaces.

What about the whole RCA thing. I told Bryguy (he's RCA) about it and he was horrified. Almost as horrified as he is about me pray with icons.

How are you going to reconcile your non-reformed beliefs with being a pastor in the RCA?

jeff miller said...

This is not a Bryguy RCA church...believe me, there is a difference. The RCA churches have autonomy to do what they want. THey do no baptize infants here and while I would not define them as a 'seeker-sensitive' church, they are probably more so than Bryguy would be confortable with. It's kind of a cross between PBC style and the style at Bay Hills where I am right now