Monday, July 7, 2008

Our 4th of July

So here I am drinking a cup of Cantonese Green Tea and listening to Rod Stewart's 'A Spanner in teh Works" cd...really lgood cd with good vocals, catchy tunes and a very laid back approach.

Our 4th of July was quite busy. It began actually the night before when I pullda muscle in my back (a particular muscle that I seem to pull every 4 months or so). So I didn't sleep well. There was a littel parade in Hercules that we were all going to go to, but Christ ended up taking the kids herself and letting me sleep after downing some Advil.

We then went to a community carnival in El Cerrito. Our friend Scott Cliatt is a cop in El Cerrito and was working the estival. His wife Melissa is Christa's best vrriend their son Joe is Caleb's best friend. They were both born in the same hosptial on the same day but we didn't know each other yet. We met a church about 4 months later.

We then had a BBQ at our house and the CLiatt's came as well as 2 teenage Spanish girls who were staying with the Cliatts as exchange students.

The brought over a tritip which I grilled with copious amounts of salt, fresh gtround black pepper and freish thyme. We also had some sausagtes made from chicken, fontina and spinach along with some BBQ bacon burgers. I also made what is fst becomiong my favorite dip. You just mix goat cheese, chopped, pitted Kalamata olives, chopped sundried tomatoes (NOT, I repeat NOT a waste of good sunshine, some fresh thyme, salt and pepper and a little olive oil for consistency. Spread it over baked crostini. Good stuff.

Fireworks were down at the Hercules waterfront and they put on a good show for small town fireworks. It wasn't just the Mayor's kid out there with a box of sparklers.

Boy, were we tired at the end of that. The kids were exhausted and frell right to slwwp...no questions asked.

Oh, the cd has changed... It's now Steven Curtis Chapman's Greatest hits. I love having my computer music on shuffle. You never know what is coming next.

No comments: